- Consulting & Program Development
- Digital Forensics
- Breach and Incident Response
- Data Storage Security
- Managed Security Services
- Website Security
- Penetration Testing
- Malware/Virus Removal
- Awareness Training
- Cyber Staffing
- Data Backup
- Data Destruction
- Cyber Insurance
- Cyber Legal Services
- Software Updating
DETAILS OF SERVICES
- ANTI-VIRUS/MALWARE SETUP- Polito is well-versed in setting up many endpoint security programs. We’re partners with CarbonBlack, a leading endpoint security company but will work with our clients to determine the best solution for them.
- AWARENESS TRAINING- Our “Lunch & Learn” or “Brown Bag” method of cybersecurity awareness training is an ideal way for most businesses to train their employees on cybersecurity social engineering and cybersecurity hygiene best practices. We also provide guidance on frequency and paperwork for employees to sign off on signifying they understand they’re responsible for enforcing and practicing the information in our trainings.
- BREACH & INCIDENT RESPONSE- Our experts have worked on hundreds of breaches and incident response cases involving ransomware and other malware, employee misconduct, insider threat, physical destruction, and more. We have employees scattered throughout the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area so we can be on-site within a reasonable timeframe.
- COMPLIANCE & REGULATORY- We’ve helped businesses and organizations reach their compliance and regulatory goals, whether it be HIPAA, PCI DSS, FISMA, GDPR, and more. Often, we couple this with the NIST, ISO, ATT&CK and other frameworks per client requests.
- CYBER STAFFING- Polito personnel are available for short-term to long-term cybersecurity staffing engagements. We’re well-connected in the industry and can assist with staffing in general.
- DATA STORAGE SECURITY- Most data storage is outsourced to AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or another cloud platform these days. Polito is experienced with testing the security setups of these platforms as well as on-premises storage and can provide guidance on best practices for both.
- DIGITAL FORENSICS- Our digital forensics experts have experience performing these services with Federal agencies and Fortune 100 clients alike. We can “forensicate” computers, mobile devices, data storage devices, and more using proprietary and commercial tools, techniques, and procedures.
- EMAIL SECURITY- We’ve developed our own phishing platform and can assess how well a company or organization’s employees are adhering to social engineering and cybersecurity hygiene best practices as these methods continue to be the leading method for hackers to gain unwanted access. We’re also very experienced in analyzing and setting up email security for various platforms like Microsoft Exchange/Azure, G Suite, and more.
- FILE SHARING SECURITY- This should be done as part of an overall configuration review of an organization’s firewall and server settings to determine if the proper ports are being used and/or blocked. We can also provide guidance on third-party file sharing providers.
- CISO AS A SERVICE- We have well-versed cybersecurity experts with decades of experience who have served in executive roles that can provide your organization with the guidance and professional advice it needs. Since not every organization can afford or is ready to hire a full-time CISO, our CISO as a Service offering is the best alternative.
- CYBER INSURANCE- We have connections with various cybersecurity brokers and lawyers who actually specialize in cybersecurity insurance. Make sure your cybersecurity insurance can stand on its own and will actually cover your organization in the event of a cybersecurity incident.
- MALWARE/VIRUS REMOVAL: Our malware experts are unique in that we understand malware at a deeper level as we can also write malware and custom exploits. We can help determine if the malware has actually been successfully eradicated or not and can also help determine what kind of malware it is and how it got on to a system(s) and network(s).
- MANAGED SECURITY SERVICES- Currently, we are able to provide monitored services during regular business hours with actual eyes-on and hands-on monitoring. During non-business hours, we provide monitoring through automated alerts and a chain of command for responding to incident alerts.
- MESSAGING & CALL SECURIT- Typically, this should be done as part of an overall configuration review of an organization’s firewall and server settings to determine if the proper ports are being used and/or blocked. We can also provide guidance on secure third-party messaging and calling services as well as setting them up for proper security.
- NETWORK SECURITY & SETUP- We’re well-versed and experienced in various network topologies, commercial vulnerability scanners, as well as necessary network security requirements and how to set them up. We couple this with an overarching architecture review whenever possible/client allows to provide a holistic network security setup.
- PENETRATION TESTING- Our team has conducted penetration testing services for Federal agencies, Fortune 100 companies, and non-profits. Our experience with penetration testing includes: web applications, mobile applications (iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry), computer applications, networks, systems, and even physical penetration testing.
- RISK ASSESSMENT- We have experience performing risk assessments for various industries and for compliance/regulatory needs, including HIPAA, PCI DSS, GDPR, and more. Our risk assessments can be customized to fit your needs and our risk assessment reports have helped countless clients meet their security goals.
- CONSULTING & PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT- We have strategized, developed and helped implement cybersecurity policies and programs at various companies and non-profits. We can also review existing policies and provide guidance and edits to meet compliance, regulatory, and legal needs.
- USER ACCESS MANAGEMENT- We’re experienced in dealing with Escalated Privilege attacks and can provide guidance on how to avoid such attacks either through best practices or by hands-on testing and configuration of user access.
- VULNERABILITY ASSESSMENT- We go beyond the typical automated scanning and automated reporting that most cybersecurity companies do. We actually manually validate our findings to determine false positives, and to adjust vulnerability severity based on real-world experience and likelihood of exploiting the vulnerabilities. We also provide guidance on how to remediate any vulnerabilities in our assessment report and can help with remediation upon request.
- WEBSITE SECURITY- Polito personnel can provide decades of experience so your organization has the security necessary to help keep your website and accompanying data secure using commercial tools and manual techniques. We’re so well-versed and experienced with this that we teach others how to do this at other companies and through private classes.
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES:
- MALWARE REVERSE ENGINEERING- Polito stands out above the pack of other cybersecurity providers by providing a deep understanding of malware though the ability to reverse engineer it as well as the ability to develop custom malware exploits.
- THREAT HUNTING- Polito has conducted our Threat Hunting service for various clients across a multitude of industries to help determine if a threat actually exists on a system(s) and or network(s). We’re so experienced with Threat Hunting that we actively teach how to hunt for threats at various cybersecurity conferences, companies, and private class offerings.
- MOBILE APP SECURITY: We’ve tested hundreds of mobile apps for iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, and Blackberry using our proprietary testing techniques as well as commercial tools. Our experts can provide the guidance necessary to determine the security of a mobile app as well as how to remediate any vulnerabilities.
- INTRUSION DETECTION SYSTEM (IDS) & INTRUSION PREVENTION SYSTEM (IPS) SETUP & FINE-TUNING: We can recommend, setup and fine-tune an IDS/IPS solution for the unique needs of your organization. Often, IDS and IPS systems are setup without the proper fine-tuning necessary for them to be as effective as possible.
- DARK WEB SEARCHES: Organizations often worry about proprietary information regarding intellectual property, executives, and employees that exist on the dark web. We go beyond automated scanners and manually search for unwanted information on the dark web and provide guidance on next steps to possibly remove it and get law enforcement involved.
- SIEM (Security Information & Event Management) SETUP CONFIGURATION: Our team is very experienced with many popular SIEM solutions, like Splunk, Elastic, and Alienvault. We can design, develop, and implement a SIEM solution for your organization and can even train your staff on how to use it effectively.
- ARCHITECTURE REVIEW: We’re experienced in reviewing IT architectures for various industries and can bring our vast experience to your organization to determine if your architecture is designed with the proper security.
- CONFIGURATION REVIEW: A misconfigured IT network appliance or system often leads to unwanted access and data breaches. Our decades of experience with various manufacturers, systems, protocols, and more can help your organization prevent these unwanted breaches and access.
- RETAINER: The worst time to shop for a cybersecurity provider is when you actually need one; keep Polito on retainer and our full service offering is at your disposal when you need it. Our retainers are flexible and we’ll work with you to determine the right amount of hours your organization will likely need to help with proper fiscal budgeting.
“When it comes to the security and privacy of your organization, a one-size-fits-all solution just isn’t going to cut it. That’s why our experts at Polito developed a methodology to MasterCraft custom cybersecurity solutions. By doing this, we’re able to provide the best solutions while also providing the highest level of service possible. Our number one priority is you, the client. Let us show you what we can do for you and what Masterful Cybersecurity is all about.”
“Polito did an excellent job assisting me with open source intelligence research (OSINT). I would recommend them without reservation.” – Michael S., law firm
“The security professionals at Polito provide us with a third-party perspective on our cyber security posture. Their years of experience in information security and cyber threat management provide me valuable, trusted resources to help manage my infrastructure.” – Larry L., Director of Cyber Security, bank
“Polito assisted with numerous intellectual property disputes, to include code reviews, document theft and more. They are professional and thorough.” – David P., cybersecurity consulting partner
“Polito is our go to company in N. VA for forensics acquisitions of mobile and hard disk forensics.” – Charlsye L., law firm
“Polito assisted Phyleo with digital investigations, mobile forensics, divorce cases, and HR disputes. They are experts in forensics.” – Dave A., private investigation firm